Thursday, March 19, 2009

 I am called a busy bee since I work hard almost every day. I have no weekends, hardly any holidays except on some religious days. Then I seldom have any chance to visit famous places in or outside Bangkok.  

I am a local of Samutprakan so whenever I am free, usually visit places in my such as the crocodile Farm, province which are tourist attractions the Ancient City and Bangpoo Resort. But there is another place which is very famous for both local people and visitors from nearby provinces that is Wat Asokaram in Bangpoo District, not far from the center of the city.

  On religious holidays like Makha Bucha or Visakha Bucha Days, Buddhists from various places gather together at that wat in order to make merit and offer food to the monks, there are a lot of monks and nuns as well as upasika, ladies who haven't shaved their hair but wear white attire as nuns and also stay overnight at the wat .

  All Buddhists who go to this temple usually pay homage to the well-preserved body of the late, Than Por Lee who was renowned for his sermons and principles as a good disciple of Lord Buddha. The wat is surrounded by big trees and small, remote residences of monks and nuns. 

The uniqueness of this wat is that no dead body is allowed to be brought in for a funeral ceremony or even for burial or cremation. It is interesting to see a lot of people from all walks of life going to this temple to seek peace of mind and to listen to the preaching of the monks as the correct guidance for their everyday life. 

I am also one of these people who find myself so attracted to the calmness and sacredness of the place that I hang around the place whenever I an free in order to satisfy my thirst for the tranquility of my spiritual search.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts